Sodium Chloride Market size is forecast to reach US$33.7 billion by 2027, after growing at a CAGR of 3.2% during 2022-2027. Ammonium chloride is a white crystalline salt that is highly soluble in water used in fertilizers and flavoring agents. Salt is one of the major ingredients consumed by human beings in daily life through food. They are used to enhance food taste and preserve food from bacteria and fungus. The growing demand for sodium chloride from various industries such as food, chemical, agriculture, and pharmaceuticals among others is driving the market during the forecast period. Caustic soda is mostly produced by the electrolysis of a sodium chloride solution using mercury, diaphragm, or ion-exchange cellsThe COVID-19 pandemic is impacting different industries; one of the few industries that were primarily hit to some extent was the salt industry. The demand for salt among end-use industries is low during the covid-19 crises which are further impacted the sodium chloride market. The delay in salt production activities across the globe impacted the market growth for sodium chloride during covid-19 This represents the Sodium Chloride Market Industry Outlook. The Sodium Chloride Market report by IndustryARC covers complete analysis of the market, its major segments, growth factors, trends, drivers and challengers, key players and more.
The top 5 players in the Sodium Chloride industry are –
1. Cargill Incorporated.
2. CK Life Sciences Int’l., (Holdings) Inc
3. Compass Minerals
5. K+S Aktiengesellschaft
Interested in knowing more relevant information? Click here:
1. Rock salt is formed by the evaporation of salty water from large water bodies such as enclosed bays, inland marginal seas, and estuaries in semi-arid regions among others. Rock salt is used in different types of applications such as deicing roads and sidewalks, food preservatives.
2. Sodium chloride is one of the major components used in the manufacturing of different chemicals, such as organic, inorganic, chloralkali products, including chlorine, hydrogen, and sodium hydroxide (caustic) solution. The chor- alkali products are further used in the production of detergents, glass, dyes, and soaps among others. The deicing segment is also expected to hold a significant share in the global market.
3. According to the data published by Tamil Nadu Salt Corporation, there are approximately 11799 salt manufacturers engaged in the production of common salt on 6.09 lakh acres in India. They also estimated that approximately 87% of the total salt manufacturers are small salt producers and local players.
Rock Salt, Solar Salt, and Vacuum Salt.
Agriculture Grade, Food Grade, Pharmaceutical Grade, and Industrial Grade.
By Manufacturing Process
Artificial Evaporation, and Solar Evaporation.
Chemical Production, Deicing, Water Conditioning, Agriculture, Food Processing, Pharmaceutical, Optical, Miscellaneous industrial, Leather Industry, Oil & Gas, Textile.
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Rest of World
Get more detailed information about these segments in the report. Buy it here:
Market Drivers and Challenges:
1.The growing population along with the growing need for food preservatives is supporting the growth of sodium chloride during the forecast period. Sodium chloride is widely used to preserve foods for thousands of years and it enhances the taste of food. Salt helps to prevent spoilage and helps to keep foods fresh and tasty. Salt is also used in fermenting processes for foods like sauerkraut, pickles, and kefir among others.
2. Sodium chloride is the most commonly used de-icer across Minnesota, the United States, and other cold countries. Sodium chloride helps to melt the ice on roads and prevent accidents, collisions among vehicles during the winter season.
3. The availability of alternative solutions such as potassium chloride, potassium sulfate, calcium chloride, magnesium sulfate, magnesium chloride, to sodium chloride is restraining the market growth during the forecast period. Calcium chloride is also preferred for deicing activities in cold countries. Sodium chloride has some disadvantages such as damaged concrete, asphalt, stone, and brick, when used over long periods of time and whereas calcium chloride, has less damage to pavements than sodium chloride.
IndustryARC is one of the leading market research and consulting firms in the world. It produces over 500 unique market reports annually. Get detailed report on preferred market as per your specific requirements and our research experts would customize the report for you.
USA: (+1) 614-588-8538, (+1) 815-656-4596
A. Pharmaceutical Grade Sodium Chloride Market
B. Sodium Carbonate Market
Company Name: IndustryARC
Contact Person: Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email: Send Email
Phone: (+1) 970-236-3677