Shortening Fats Market size is estimated to reach $5.7 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period 2022-2027. The term “shortening” technically applies to any kind of fat that is solid at room temperature, inclusive of butter, margarine, and lard. Shortening can be prepared from either animal fat or vegetable oil, but most shortening accessible presently is prepared from vegetable oils like soybean, cottonseed, or palm oil. Typical sources of shortening utilized in baked products include soybeans and canola. Confectionary fat is utilized in the confectionary industry for preparing chocolate, candies, and baked goods. Fats serve as shortening agents averting the growth of toughness of gluten, as per the technique and the quantity, and therefore, are shortening agents. The Shortening Fats Market report by IndustryARC covers complete analysis of the market, its major segments, growth factors, trends, drivers and challengers, key players and more.
The top 5 players in the Shortening Fats industry are –
1. Bunge North America, Inc.
2. Yildiz Holding
3. Namchow Chemical Industrial Co., Ltd.
4. Cargill, Inc.
5. NMGK Group Of Companies
Interested in knowing more relevant information? Click here:
1. The Global Shortening Fats Market based on source type can be further segmented into Palm And Palm Kernel, Sunflower Seed, Soybeans, Animal-Based, and Others. The Soybeans Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the heightened application of soybean shortenings inclusive of high oleic soybean and traditional soybean shortenings for an assortment of applications needing solid and semi-solid shortenings
2. The Global Shortening Fats Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Rest of the World. North America (Global Shortening Fats Market) held the largest share with 33% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the well-entrenched bakery industry in the North American region.
3. The Global Shortening Fats Market based on the application can be further segmented into Confectionary, Ice Cream, Snacks, Bakery, and Others. The Bakery segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the surging demand for bakery products on a daily basis owing to the altering lifestyles, expanding population, and economic enhancements.
By Source Type
Palm And Palm Kernel, Sunflower Seed, Soybeans, Animal Based.
Confection1ry, Ice Cream, Snacks, Bakery.
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Rest of World
Get more detailed information about these segments in the report. Buy it here:
Market Drivers and Challenges:
1. Surging Applications Of Shortening Fats Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of the Shortening Fats Market: Shortening is any fat that raises the tenderness of a baked product by averting the cohesion of gluten strands at the time of blending. A tablespoon (12 grams) of Crisco all-vegetable Shortening includes 110 Calories, 12 grams of total fat, 3.5 grams of Unsaturated fat, 2.5 grams of Saturated fat, and 0 grams of protein and 0 grams of Carbs
2. Soaring Innovations In Shortening Fats Are Expected To Boost The Product Demand: Specialty fats are utilized at distinct levels in different types of bread. When fats are utilized at higher levels in additional kinds of bread, it will avert surplus gluten development in the dough. This will provide a shorter bite, effortless melt-in-mouth, which is the reason fats utilized in bread making are also termed “shortening”.
3. Disadvantages Of Shortening Fats Are Hampering The Growth Of The Shortening Fats Market: The most typically utilized shorteners presently are produced with vegetable oils like soybeans, cottonseed, or refined palm oil. Applying the procedure of hydrogenation, these oils are created to become solid at room temperature. Though it relies on a particular type, shortening is almost 100 percent pure fat.
IndustryARC is one of the leading market research and consulting firms in the world. It produces over 500 unique market reports annually. Get detailed report on preferred market as per your specific requirements and our research experts would customize the report for you.
USA: (+1) 614-588-8538, (+1) 815-656-4596
A. Vegetable Fats Market
B. Global Spry Vegetable Shortening Market
Company Name: IndustryARC
Contact Person: Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email: Send Email
Phone: (+1) 970-236-3677