Polyurethane is formed by the reaction of a polyol (an alcohol with more than two reactive hydroxyl groups per molecule) with a diisocyanate or a polymeric isocyanate in the presence of suitable catalysts and additives. Polyurethane can be categorized into two major types; polyester, and polyether. These are both elastomers. Both are abrasive resistant, while polyester has a sliding quality and polyether is abrasion-resistant. Polyester and polyether polyurethanes can be used in the following ways:
• Flexible polyurethane foam: It is used as a cushioning or protective material in furniture, mattresses, and bedding, and vehicle interiors.
• Rigid polyurethane foam: These foams are used in commercial and residential insulation as it keeps buildings cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
• Binders: This type of polyurethane is used to bind different materials and is commonly used in wood panels, flooring materials, and sand casting.
• Coatings, adhesives, sealants, and elastomers (CASE): This collection of polyurethanes are used to increase the durability and lifespan of various products by covering or sealing them.
• Reaction injection molding: This polyurethane molding is used for items like car bumpers and computer enclosures.
• Thermoplastic: It is commonly used in construction and automotive applications.
• Waterborne polyurethane dispersions: This type of polyurethane is used as coatings or adhesives, but with a water-based solvent.
The rising demand of polyurethane foam from construction and automotive industries have increased the procurement need for polyurethane.
The global polyurethane market is valued at USD 70 billion in 2020 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% from 2020 to 2025 due to high demand from multiple industries such as construction, automotive, electronics, packaging, and footwear. Construction application is leading the polyurethane end-user segment with more than 25% market share. APAC is the largest producer of polyurethane with ~45% share followed by North America and Europe. The global production based on polyurethane is shifting towards emerging countries in the APAC region.
Toluene diisocyanate (TDI) and Methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) are the two major raw materials and cost drivers of polyurethane production. TDI and MDI cost holds the largest share (~30%) of the overall polyurethane production cost followed by machinery and labor cost. Other raw materials include polyol, CaCo3, Amine, etc.
Grab your copy, or request for a free sample of the “Polyurethane Industry Procurement Intelligence Report, published by Grand View Research” for In-depth details regarding supplier ranking and selection, sourcing, and pricing criteria & strategies.
Add-on Services provided by Grand View Research Pipeline:
• Should Cost Analysis
Component wise cost break down for better negotiation for the client, highlights the key cost drivers in the market with future price fluctuation for different materials (e.g.: steel, aluminum, etc.) used in the production process
• Rate Benchmarking
Offering cost transparency for different products / services procured by the client. A typical report involves 2-3 case scenarios helping clients to select the best suited engagement with the supplier
• Salary Benchmarking
Determining and forecasting salaries for specific skill set labor to make decision on outsourcing vs in-house.
• Supplier Newsletter
A typical newsletter study by capturing latest information for specific suppliers related to: M&As, technological innovations, expansion, litigations, bankruptcy etc.
Brief about Pipeline by Grand View Research:
A smart and effective supply chain is essential for growth in any organization. Pipeline division at Grand View Research provides detailed insights on every aspect of supply chain which helps in efficient procurement decisions.
Our services include (not limited to):
• Market Intelligence involving – market size and forecast, growth factors, and driving trends
• Price and Cost Intelligence – pricing models adopted for the category, total cost of ownerships
• Supplier Intelligence – rich insight on supplier landscape, and identifies suppliers who are dominating, emerging, lounging, and specializing
Sourcing / Procurement Intelligence – best practices followed in the industry, identifying standard KPIs and SLAs, peer analysis, negotiation strategies to be utilized with the suppliers, and best suited countries for sourcing to minimize supply chain disruptions
Browse through Grand View Research’s collection of procurement intelligence studies:
Hibiscus Flower Powder Industry Procurement Intelligence – The global hibiscus flower powder market is valued at ~USD 120 million in 2020 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2020 to 2027 due to increasing demand from the food and beverages and personal care industries. The food and beverages segment is leading the global hibiscus flower powder market with more than 45% market share in 2020.
Hydrochloric Acid Industry Procurement Intelligence – The global hydrochloric acid market is valued at USD 1 billion in 2020 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% from 2021 to 2027 due to increasing demand from food processing and oil & gas industries. Globally, nearly 37% of all hydrochloric acid consumption is for the production of EDC, and 61% is used in the production of organic compounds, most of which is captive consumption.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States