The global OTC pharmaceuticals market size is expected to reach USD 171.0 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Million Insights. The growing customer preference for over-the-counter analgesics is a prominent trend to boost the market growth. Technological advancement in the pharmaceutical industry will spur market growth. However, time-consuming drug approval process is restricting the market growth. At present, key players are focusing to provide pain-reliever with, particularly long-lasting action. Hence the analgesics market is expected to perform significant market growth during the forecast period.
The cold and cough remedies segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 30.0% in 2020 owing to the increasing demand for these drugs due to the rising prevalence of cough and cold cases. The rising aging population is also another factor driving segment growth over the forecast period. Cold, cough medicines are the most common over-the-counter medicines purchased by people. Moreover, physicians recommend the use of these medicines only after minor health issues such as cough, cold, and fever. But in various other countries, these medicines are sold directly to the patients without prescription as per their rules and regulations.
Request Absolutely Free Demo of OTC Pharmaceutical Market Report @ https://www.millioninsights.com/snapshots/otc-pharmaceuticals-market-report/request-demo
The offline segment dominated the market and accounted for the highest revenue share of 70.0% in 2020. The demand for OTC Pharmaceuticals is rising among customers due to more sustainability offered by these offline stores than any other channel. Hence the segment is projected to show growth during the assessment period. Ease of hard cash transaction services, trustworthy relationship with domestic consumers are the other factors that will propel market growth during the forecast period.
North America dominated the market and accounted for around 45.0% revenue share in 2020 due to the high demand for OTC medicine products in the U.S and Canada. Also, the increasing cases of respiratory disease will drive the market growth over the forecast period. The increasing population of old age people along with growing air pollution is driving the growth of the market. In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to witness a CAGR of 5.4% from 2021 to 2028. This can be credited to the increasing demand for OTC pharmaceuticals medicine in this region.
To browse report summary & detailed TOC, please click the link below:
OTC Pharmaceutical Market Report Highlights
• Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 5.4% from 2021 to 2028 owing to rising demand for OTC pharmaceuticals due to the increasing prevalence of respiratory disease
• The cold and cough remedies segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 30.0% in 2020 owing to the increasing demand for these drugs due to the rising prevalence of cough and cold cases
• The offline segment dominated the market with the highest revenue share of 70.0% in 2020 owing to its increasing sales
• The online segment is estimated to showcase significant growth over the forecast period as these types are available at low cost and also provides offers and discounts
OTC Pharmaceuticals Market Segmentation
Million Insights has segmented the global over-the-counter pharmaceuticals market on the basis of types, distribution channel, and region:
OTC Pharmaceuticals Types Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
Cold & Cough Remedies
Digestives & Intestinal Remedies
Vitamins & Minerals
Natural and synthetic agents (Hand Sanitizer)
OTC Pharmaceuticals Distribution channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
OTC Pharmaceuticals Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
Central & South America
Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of OTC Pharmaceuticals Market
Johnson & Johnson
Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Prestige Brands, Inc.
Procter & Gamble
Take a Glance at The Snapshots Press Releases Available With Million Insights:
• Plastic And Other Furniture Market: The global plastic and other furniture market size is expected to reach USD 43.51 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Million Insights. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.7% from 2021 to 2028.
• Storage Unit Market: The global storage unit market size is expected to reach USD 76.6 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Million Insights.
About Million Insights
Million Insights, is a market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. We have a comprehensive marketplace, that will enable you to compare data points, before you make a purchase. Enabling informed buying, is our motto and we strive hard to ensure that our clients get to browse through multiple samples, prior to an investment. Service flexibility & the fastest response time are two pillars, on which our business model is founded. Our market research report store includes in-depth reports, from across various industry verticals, such as healthcare, technology, chemicals, food & beverages, consumer goods, material science & automotive.
Company Name: Million Insights
Contact Person: Ryan Manuel
Email: Send Email
Address:Office No. 302, 3rd Floor, Manikchand Galleria, Model Colony, Shivaji Nagar