Four-way shuttle system: a complete level of cargo location management (WMS) and equipment scheduling capability (WCS) can ensure the stable and efficient operation of the overall system. In order to avoid operation waiting of the four-way radio shuttle and lifter, a buffer conveyor line is designed between the lifter and the rack. The four-way radio shuttle and lifter both transfer the pallets to the buffer conveyor line for transfer operations, thereby improving the operation efficient.
1. Project Overview
This project adopts a four-way radio shuttle compact storage system with 4 levels. The overall plan is 1 lane, 3 four-way radio shuttles, and 2 vertical conveyors. The four-way shuttle can realize level-changing operation, and the system is equipped with an emergency delivery port.
The project has nearly one thousand pallet positions, which can realize automatic warehousing. Supports docking with WMS system, and in and out of the warehouse can be implemented in the WCS system or the on-site ECS operation screen in the emergency status . Pallet labels use barcodes for information management. The external dimension detection and weighing device are designed before storage to ensure the safe storage of goods.
WCS system interface
System operation capacity: one four-way radio shuttle has a single operating efficiency of 12 pallets/hour, and three four-way radio shuttles have a combined efficiency of 36 pallets/hour.
2. Four-way Radio Shuttle System
The four-way radio shuttle system can be well adapted to special application environments such as low warehouses and irregular shapes, and can meet operation scenarios such as large changes in the efficiency of in and out operations and high efficiency requirements.
The four-way radio shuttle system in this project can realize:
• Standardize the management process and simplify the operation.
• Using computer to manage, the material inventory account is clear, and the material storage location is accurate.
• Scientific coding, coding management of materials and containers.
• All entry and exit are confirmed by scanning codes, which improves the accuracy and efficiency of operations.
• Inventory management: Query based on material information, storage location, etc.
• Inventory: The terminal can be used to directly select materials to perform inventory and make inventory adjustments.
• Log management: Record all operations of the user when using the system, so that the work can be followed by evidence.
• User and authority management: User roles can be defined to limit the user’s operation scope and facilitate management.
• Realize real-time sharing and management of storage material data: Complete report output according to needs, such as daily/weekly/monthly reports, all reports can be exported to files.
3. Project Difficulties and Solutions
1). Two sizes of pallets W2100*D1650*H1810 and W2100*D1450*H1810mm are stored together, and the warehouse utilization rate is low; Solution: Two kinds of pallets share the same four-way radio shuttle to realize in and out of the warehouse and Intensively store pallets in two sizes, greatly increasing the utilization rate of warehouses;
2). Some products cannot be stacked and stored, and the loading and unloading on racking are frequently re-transported, which wastes manpower and is slow inefficiency; Solution: Use the four-way shuttle + lifter system to achieve compact storage in vertical orientation and the device to be in and out of warehouse automatically. The efficiency can be improved by adding equipment, which greatly saves manpower.
Nanjing Inform Storage Group’s four-way radio shuttle solution successfully assisted the auto company to upgrade the automatic storage system, solved the problems of customers’ tight storage area and low warehousing efficiency, and improved market competitiveness. Nanjing Inform Storage Group is committed to providing good solutions for major enterprises and factories!
Company Name: NANJING INFORM STORAGE EQUIPMENT (GROUP) CO., LTD
Email: Send Email
Phone: +86 13851666948