The agrigenomics market refers to the use of genomics technologies such as DNA sequencing, genotyping, and gene expression analysis to improve agricultural productivity, sustainability, and profitability. This field is rapidly growing due to the increasing demand for food, fuel, and fiber from a growing global population, coupled with the need to reduce the environmental impact of agriculture.
The global market includes a wide range of applications, including crop improvement, animal breeding, food safety and quality, and environmental monitoring. In crop improvement, agrigenomics is used to develop new varieties of crops that are more resistant to pests and diseases, have higher yields, and are better adapted to changing environmental conditions. In animal breeding, agrigenomics is used to identify genetic markers that can be used to select animals with desirable traits such as improved growth, disease resistance, and milk production.
The agrigenomics market is a developing business with a significant market size of USD 3.3 billion in 2021 and a predicted growth rate of 9.7% CAGR that will bring it to USD 5.3 billion by 2026, underscoring its significance in the global agriculture sector.
Download PDF Brochure: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=206614334
The global agrigenomics market is expected to continue to grow rapidly in the coming years, driven by factors such as the increasing demand for sustainable agriculture practices, the need to increase crop yields to meet growing food demand, and the growing awareness of the role of genetics in agriculture. The market is also being propelled by advances in genomics technologies, such as the development of high-throughput sequencing and bioinformatics tools that enable researchers to analyze large amounts of genetic data quickly and accurately.
The global market is constantly evolving and experiencing significant growth due to technological advancements, the need for sustainable agriculture, and increasing demand for food, fuel, and fiber.
Here are some of the major trends shaping the agrigenomics market:
1. Precision agriculture: Precision agriculture involves using technology to precisely monitor and manage crop production. Agrigenomics plays a significant role in precision agriculture by providing genetic information that can be used to develop more efficient and effective farming practices.
2. Genomic selection: Genomic selection is a process that uses genetic information to select the best breeding candidates for plant and animal breeding programs. It is becoming increasingly popular in the agrigenomics market due to its ability to speed up the breeding process and improve the efficiency of breeding programs.
3. Application of CRISPR technology: The CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing system is a powerful tool that has revolutionized the field of genomics. It is being applied in the agrigenomics market to develop crops with desirable traits such as disease resistance, improved nutritional content, and increased yields.
4. Increasing focus on food safety: Consumers are becoming more concerned about the safety of their food. Agrigenomics is being used to develop technologies that can help identify and prevent foodborne illnesses, as well as improve the quality and nutritional value of food.
5. Collaborations and partnerships: With the increasing complexity of genomics technologies, collaborations and partnerships between companies and research institutions are becoming more common in the agrigenomics market. These collaborations are essential to develop innovative solutions and drive the market forward.
Report Scope & Segmentation:
Financial outlook in 2026
USD 5.3 billion
CAGR of 9.7% from 2020-2026
Base year for estimation
Europe, North America, South America, Asia Pacific
Primary companies highlighted
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (US), Agilent Technologies, Inc. (US), Illumina, Inc. (US), Eurofins Scientific SE (Luxembourg), and LGC Limited (UK)
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth niche opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide companies’ revenues. Currently servicing 7500 customers worldwide including 80% of global Fortune 1000 companies as clients. Almost 75,000 top officers across eight industries worldwide approach MarketsandMarkets™ for their painpoints around revenues decisions.
Our 850 fulltime analyst and SMEs at MarketsandMarkets™ are tracking global high growth markets following the “Growth Engagement Model – GEM”. The GEM aims at proactive collaboration with the clients to identify new opportunities, identify most important customers, write “Attack, avoid and defend” strategies, identify sources of incremental revenues for both the company and its competitors. MarketsandMarkets™ now coming up with 1,500 MicroQuadrants (Positioning top players across leaders, emerging companies, innovators, strategic players) annually in high growth emerging segments. MarketsandMarkets™ is determined to benefit more than 10,000 companies this year for their revenue planning and help them take their innovations/disruptions early to the market by providing them research ahead of the curve.
MarketsandMarkets’s flagship competitive intelligence and market research platform, “Knowledgestore” connects over 200,000 markets and entire value chains for deeper understanding of the unmet insights along with market sizing and forecasts of niche markets.
Company Name: MarketsandMarkets Research Private Ltd.
Contact Person: Mr. Aashish Mehra
Email: Send Email
Address:630 Dundee Road Suite 430
State: IL 60062
Country: United States